Did you get a message (PDF, 438 KB) or perhaps a text from us telling you that one can file Form I-90 on line to renew your Green Card? It should look like one of these examples in the above links if you did.
Formal communications sent by USCIS:
- Add links that just just take you straight to the USCIS internet site and end in.gov;
- Originate from uscis@public. Govdelivery.com if they are electronic mails; and
- Try not to ask for just about any information that is personal.
Utilize this kind to displace or restore a Green Card.
USUALLY DO NOT distribute this form if you’re a resident that is conditional to get rid of conditions on your own Green Card. If you’re a conditional resident, you need to submit among the after:
- Form I-829, Petition by Entrepreneur to eliminate Conditions, to get rid of conditions on a Green Card obtained through economic investment in a U.S. Company.
If you want proof of your lawful permanent resident status while waiting to get an upgraded Green Card, we possibly may issue you an Alien Documentation, Identification & Telecommunications (ADIT) stamp once you file this type. Furthermore, in the event that you sent applications for naturalization at the least 6 months before your Green Card expired, you may well be in a position to receive an ADIT stamp rather than filing a Form I-90. If you want support, contact the USCIS Contact Center.
As a lawful permanent resident, you’ll want a legitimate, unexpired Permanent Resident Card or comparable document to you at all times. Trying to get naturalization doesn’t alter this requirement.
02/27/17. We are going to publish an edition that is new of kind quickly. For the time being, you might register with the 02/27/17 version. The edition can be found by you date in the bottom associated with the page from the type and guidelines.
The best place to File
You’ve got two choices for filing your kind I-90 application with USCIS:
Filing Your Type I-90 Online
To file online, look at the get on Online Filing web page.
You can’t register your Form I-90 online if you’re trying to get a charge waiver.
Filing Your Type I-90 Form By Mail
In the event that you distribute a paper application, deliver it to:
For U.S. Postal Provider (USPS):
USCISP.O. Box 21262Phoenix, AZ 85036
For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:
USCISAttention: I-901820 E. Skyharbor, Circle S, Floor 1Suite 100Phoenix, AZ 85034
Filing Strategies For Form I-90, Application to displace Permanent Resident Card
Complete all parts of the proper execution. We shall reject the form if these areas are lacking:
- Component 1 – Information About You
- Family Title
- Mailing Address
- Date of Birth
Don’t forget to signal your type! We are going to reject any unsigned kind.
We will scan the documents into our system for electronic processing if you file Form I-90 on paper. Should you not curently have a USCIS on line account, we’re going to produce one for you personally after we get your paper application. You will be given a USCIS Account Acceptance Notice with directions on how best to access your USCIS on line account. A USCIS online account allows you to definitely:
- Spend your filing fee online;
- Check out the status of one’s application, request or petition,
- Enjoy notifications and situation updates, and
- Handle your email address.
If you should be a lawyer or accredited agent, you’ll be able to produce a USCIS on the web account, that may enable you to handle your customers Form I-90 applications in one single spot.
Note for lawyers and Accredited Representatives: You should have only 1 USCIS online representative account. Whenever you get a free account Acceptance Notice for the paper kind filed at a USCIS Lockbox with respect to your client, please make certain you enter the same information that is personal that you supplied in the Form G-28 submitted with your client’s original application, petition, or demand. In the event that given information you utilize to access your web representative account will not match the information and knowledge you offered regarding the Form G-28, perhaps you are not able to access your client’s instance.
Also we will continue to process your properly completed and signed Form I-90 if you do not use your USCIS online account. You shall get notifications and updates regarding the application by mail through the U.S. Postal provider. If you’d like support, contact the USCIS Contact Center.
We recommend you read our Lockbox Filing recommendations.
If you’d like to get an e-Notification as soon as we accept your Form I-90 at the USCIS Lockbox center, complete Form G-1145, e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance and attach it towards the very first page of the application. You are able to continue steadily to get updates regarding your instance status by producing a USCIS on the web account.
In the event that you move, you have to improve your target with USCIS. You could do therefore using your USCIS online account or by filing Form AR-11 (online or by mail).
$455 (see Special guidelines for exceptions). A services that are biometric of $85 can also be needed. Refer and to Special guidelines below for the table “Filing charges by Application Reason”.
In the event that you file your Form I-90 online, you may possibly spend your cost online. In the event that you file your kind I-90 by mail (paper), you may possibly pay the cost having a cash purchase, individual check, cashier’s check, or by charge card making use of Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions. You must make your check payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security if you pay by check.
Once you deliver a repayment, you accept purchase a government service. Filing and service that is biometric are last and non-refundable, irrespective of any action we simply simply simply take on your own application, petition, or demand, or you withdraw your demand. Make use of our Fee Calculator to aid figure out your cost.
- Because you never received your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card), you do not have to pay a filing fee as long as you meet these criteria: if you are filing Form I-90
- We mailed the card over thirty days ago;
- It had been came back to us as undeliverable; and
- You’ve got perhaps maybe maybe not relocated from the target you supplied us.
Nonetheless, you have to submit:
- A duplicate associated with the Form I-797, Notice of Action, for the shape that USCIS authorized to give your everlasting Resident Card; for instance, Form I-485, Form I-751, Form I-829, or Form I-90;
- A duplicate of government-issued recognition which has your title, date of delivery, picture and signature.
- You do not have to pay a filing fee if you are filing the Form I-90 because your current Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) contains incorrect information due to a Department of Homeland Security error, such as a misspelled name.
Nevertheless, you need to deliver us:
- The card that is original offers the wrong information; and
- Proof documenting your proper title or information that is biographical.
Filing Costs by Application Reason: